Shakti from Sanskrit shak, “to be able”), meaning “Power” or “empowerment,” is the primordial cosmic energy and represents the dynamic forces that are thought to move through the entire universe in Hinduism.
Shakti is the concept, or personification, of divine feminine creative power, sometimes referred to as ‘The Great Divine Mother’ in Hinduism. On the earthly plane, Shakti most actively manifests through female embodiment and creativity/fertility, she is an archetype, the Anima, also present in males in its potential form.
Not only is Shakti responsible for creation, but it is also the agent of all change. Shakti is cosmic existence as well as liberation…Shakti exists in a state of svātantrya, dependence on no one, being interdependent with the entire universe.
In honour of the divine feminine and our innate connection to nature, her wisdom and energy, I dedicated one of my all-time favourite creations. An energizing, warming and vital to self-care rituals, Shakti Body and hair oil.
I really love this product so much, not just the sensation of the natural smell of the beautiful Rosemary and raw Avocado oil.
I love how it nourishes and cares yet alivens the senses, the circulation and Chi. But I love how it so naturally eases into my daily routine, the daily massage my body deserves after showering.
SHAKTI Nourishing and energizing body oil
Deeply nutritious body and hair oil to moisturise, detoxify and energize, with organic essential oils of Rosemary & Patchouli. Easily absorbed deep into skin tissue, and with wonderfully emollient properties, making it ideal for all skin types including very dry or mature skins.
Energize & Inspire
Body & Mind
Tips and uses ♥
• Use alone for supreme skin hydrating and softening benefits at any time.
• Muscle rub, pre and post sports massage oil.
• Use after a shower on damp skin to lock in moisture.
• Add to your body cream for an extra nutrient boost.
• Apt for use as a shaving oil.
• Massage for head, shoulders, and scalp, relaxes muscles, stimulates hair growth
• Effective against dry, flaky scalp and dandruff – It is naturally antibacterial.
• On clean damp hair, smooth a small amount from halfway down the hair shaft to tip before drying to moisturise, protect and shine.
• Also recommended for use on very curly, afro and dreadlock hair.
• Use the oil regularly as a pick me up, place a few drops in the palms of your hands and rub together to warm the oil, smooth across the chest, around the back and front of the neck. inhale and enjoy the aroma that lingers with you while the oil conditions the skin.
Avocado oil is one of the richest oils in the world due to its high amounts of Vitamins, unsaturated fatty acids and minerals like Copper, Iron Magnesium, and potassium, known as the youth mineral. This oil is used alone on the skin but also helps greatly in carrying other beneficial extracts deep into the dermis due to its very high skin penetration and rapid absorption.
Hemp seed oil is a natural moisturizer helping to make your skin & hair feel smooth and soft while acting as a barrier and preventing moisture loss. Hemp oil is made up of omega-6 and omega-3 essential fatty acids, in a perfect ratio for our bodies’ nutritional needs, helping in new cell production and good skin health.
Rosemary is a stimulating and refreshing oil, with an excellent reputation for oily skin/acne, scalp and hair care, many articles cite that Rosemary Oil can also be helpful with alopecia (hair loss). Rosemary is particularly helpful in massage and arthritis blends and can help improve circulation. It is useful for aching muscles, arthritis, dandruff, dull skin, exhaustion, hair care, muscle cramping, neuralgia, poor circulation, rheumatism and has applications for respiratory issues and makes a good expectorant/decongestant.